As cooler weather approaches, consult our checklist to prepare your home for autumn.
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts
- Trim trees and bushes so nothing is touching your home
- Inspect all exterior lighting, replace bulbs and reset timers as needed
- Service your heating system
- Clean and inspect your chimney
- Test your carbon monoxide alarms
- Replace batteries in smoke alarms
- Place all outdoor furniture and planters in storage for winter if you live in an area affected by snow and ice
- Drain outdoor faucets, hoses and sprinkling systems if you live in an area that experiences freezing temperatures
Just a few tips to keep your home in the best condition in EVERY season!